Drink This In

Making it through each day, one sip at a time!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Part Two

Alright, so here it is. The First!!! and I MEAN FIRST draft of part two story with Zachary, and Kimura. ENJOY!!

~~~~Warning: This story contains adult content, violence, and other things not suitable for children under 16, overall rating R


Part One: The Move

Moving has always been a pain in the ass. But moving across the country, even worse. Picking up everything to move is always something that has never set well with myself.

New Jersey was the total bust for vampires, and lycanthropes, and other paranormal activity. Oh there was a fair share, but apparently I was too good for my job, and they wanted to transfer me to help out another case all the way in Los Angeles, California.

My girlfriend of three years was not totally pleased with the change, but Kate is a strong girl, and she has already lined up a job. I never thought different of her, I knew this move could possibly break us up, but thus far its still going strong.

Our new apartment building was at least in a nice part of town. The Squad paid for it, thank goodness, there was no way that either Kate, or myself could put a down payment on a place this nice in L.A.

“So if we unpack about half of what we have, can we sleep?” I looked over at Kate, who was dressing up the bed. It was November, and it was still nearly seventy-five degrees outside. I’m used to wearing a down jacket at this time. Kate was from Maine, and I lived in New York for most of my life. This weather was seriously messing with our minds.

“Well we should at least stay up till ten. Just so we can get away from jetlag and try to get up to speed here.” I looked at my watch. It was five in the afternoon. This was going to be a really long five hours.

“I guess. . . but I am telling you, if my eye lids fall. . .”

“I’ll hold them open with toothpicks.” She did that hair flip over her shoulder with her hand. Kate’s auburn hair hung around her shoulder blades. Her brown eyes were to die for, and her small figure was everything to me. Spooning was perfect with someone who is just slightly shorter then yourself, as among other things. I wasn’t a giant, but being six-foot does have its advantages. My green eyes stood out against my pale skin, and dark brown hair, which hung around the top of my shoulders. But right now it was pulled back in a loose pony tale.

It was now past ten, and I was now laying on my back flat on my new bed, in my new apartment, the only thing that wasn’t new was the woman I was laying next to.

“So big day tomorrow, you should get some sleep.” Kate leaned over towards me, her face was close to mine. I ran my hand down around her cheek.


A small closet of an office, painted off white, with various pictures of achievements that this man had done. As I sat there staring down at my coffee cup I wondered, if this place was the right place.

“Sorry about that Detective. . .”

“Winters.” That was stupid to finish my chief’s sentence, but I just could not resist.

“Yeah, so anyways, I know you have done this with the staff over in New Jersey, but here, I run a tight shift. No bullshit, got it?”

“Got it.” This was nothing offensive, all chief’s did such a thing cause it was to certify their place of power.

“Alright then, you will be allowed a license to kill, within reason.” He opened up a yellow folder, my folder no doubt.

“Good, well wouldn’t want one of your guys to get their throats ripped out, now would you?”

“Hmm, right. Anyways, a gun will be issued, with silver rounds. And a silver cross.”

“Um, well see now that wont work.”

“What, the gun, you can use your own its fine.”

“No, the cross thing. I don’t think that is going to work.”

“Mr. Winters its standard issue, you have to wear one, I don’t care if it’s a pin on your tie, you will wear a silver cross.”

“See I don’t believe in GOD, and therefore it will not work against shit. So therefore I will not wear a cross.” I set my coffee cup in the edge of his desk.

“I am not here to talk to you Mr. Winters about religion.”

“No, I am not here to discuss much with you Chief! You uprooted me from my life, and brought me here as an expert in my field. I know more about this stuff then you do obviously. So therefore you will listen to what I have to say. Yes I will take orders, but when I feel I am right, which I am most of the time, I will make the right choice. Got it?”

“Just don’t get killed. Now get down to the address I left for you on your desk.”

“Do I have a partner?”

“Not yet.”
“Great. Later Chief. “ I got up and walked out of the room. My desk was in the middle of the room. It was horrible, but I wasn’t going to complain. I picked up the file folder on my desk, and headed down towards the weapons vault to pick up my silver rounds. I already had plenty, but to just check in was a good idea. I liked my berretta 9mm, it was my kind of gun. It has served my well so far. I had very few injuries to contend with.

A cab was waiting for me right outside the building, I had yet to own a car. I did in New Jersey, but I had sold it when a group of vampires decided to flip the car. To flip a Jeep Cherokee takes some muscle, for a group of four vampires, this apparently was no problem. My car was totaled, and my insurance company refused to buy me a new car, so I sold the parts to a junk yard, so I decided to just pay for a cab when needed.

Getting into the cab which smelled like old cheese, was a rather challenging task. First, I hate cheese, second I hate the smell of cheese. As I sat down in the somewhat moist back seat, I gave the driver directions, and away we went. I was never afraid to ride in a cab after living in New Jersey. The cab drivers in L.A. are nothing compared to a near death experience on just an average day riding in a cab in New Jersey.

I looked at my watch, it was eleven thirty, and it would take twenty minutes to get to my destination. Watching my surroundings pass by aimlessly in the windows seeing palm trees, which I had never seen before. It was almost a bit too overwhelming. But as I was pondering my reasons for being here, I had arrived at my destination.

Stepping out of the cab, my neck stretched upwards to see the massive amount of steel in front of me. Walking into the building I suddenly felt really small, as I was walking in the marble entryway. I reached the elevator, and pressed the button that would lead me to the top floor. A soft ping and the doors slid open and once again I was in a large marble entryway. There was a desk with a woman sitting behind it. Her hair was a dark brown, slightly wavy hanging softly past her shoulders. Her skin was pale and perfect. She was pretty as I could see. I walked over towards the desk as she immediately looked up at me. Her eyes were a soft blue, her lips red as blood. Her shirt matched her eyes, which made the even more brilliant.

“Can I help you?” Her voice was soft but her accent was misplaced. It sounded English, yet it sounded French.

“Ah. . .yes I have an appointment with Mr. Auger.”

“Yes, one minute.” She stood up and pressed a button and walked around towards two large doors. “Right in through here.” She opened the door, as I walked towards it. The doors closed behind me and around me were massive windows showing the tops of other buildings in the area. A dark brown desk and a large leather chair was about ten feet away from me. I walked towards the desk.

“Please have a seat Mr. Winters.” The dark voice filled the room it was soft in my head. Again with an accent, this time is sounded German, but it was old.
“Uh. . . how do you know my name?” I sat down in the worn leather chair.

“I know a lot more then you think.” The chair moved around. There sat a man younger then me, with white hair, and blood red eyes staring back at me. “I’m sure you know who I am already, but I will be pleasant and introduce myself. My name is Kimura Auger, master of L.A.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Squee!!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, keep going!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home