Drink This In

Making it through each day, one sip at a time!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let downs, Turning back, and Some Time

I've been beating myself up lately internally. . .I need to stop it. . .but I don't know how.
Today, my work called, my manager was like, "I know you're on call at 11 and well we're going to need you to come in and hostess for us, since all of the manager are in meetings this morning, we're going to need the extra help." I was like "Sure, I'll be there at 11. . . oh wait. . .OH CRAP. . .I don't have a car. . ."
"Huh?"
"I took my car into the dealer to get some repairs."
"Oh. . well I guess I'll have to start from scratch"
"I'm really sorry"
"Okay, well bye"

And now, letting them down AGAIN, since Sat they wanted me to come in and Host-bus, I wasn't scheduled that day, but still. . .I feel awful. But everyone I've talked to said "Its not your fault. You don't have a car."
When I took my car in yesterday, I thought it would be done the same day. . .silly me. I just hope its done TODAY. This living far away from my job is starting to really suck. . .I feel like I'm letting people down. . .lately. . .But I do have a large paper to finish, and I really should get to reading my Truman book for Monday. . .I just feel like shit right now about the whole Stewie/Work thing. . .Now it just makes me feel like they cannot rely on me anymore. . .and I don't want that. Maybe tomorrow I'll go in and explain.
DAMN IT E-BAY CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yea, Stewie, I rushed into that as well. He's a good cat, but I don't think he's the kind of cat for me. . .He's a bit grouchy at times, and is not getting along with Nanaki, in fact they got into a pretty big fight this morning. I was about to get into the shower, when I hear this terrible noise. Stewie screaming at the top of his lungs, and fur on end screaming at Nanaki, then at me when I tried to break the fight up. All Nanaki wants to do is play, I know cause he hasn't been mean or anything, but Stewie being isolated from other cats for awhile, I think doesn't want anything to do with Nanaki. I've been also feeling like he really isn't my cat, he's Jenny's cat. It just weird when he's been with someone for a long time, and well I know the person. It would be different if I didn't know the person that the cat came from. . .but I feel like he wants his old mommy back. It's like taking a kid away from their mommy, and getting a new one, for no real reason. I rushed into the whole cat ordeal. I should have just waited. . . the power of suggestion from Tom, it made sense, get a cat for free. . .why not. I'm not blaming Tom, it was a nice idea. But I think Stewie belongs with Jenny.
I like Stewie, but I want a cat that is a little more personable. So I think I need to wait awhile, get adjusted to my place first, then get a new kittie. Maybe I'll even think about a kitten. With a kitten, Nanaki would be able to play with right away, he loved Chase. and well I wanted a girl, I've always had boy cats. . . I just need some time. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home